This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 32-bit vtable problem on IA64 HP-UX
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jessica Han <jessica at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:17:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: 32-bit vtable problem on IA64 HP-UX
- References: <019001c1afff$8a861990$2f65000f@JH761542>
On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:47:40AM -0800, Jessica Han wrote:
> The HP linker requires function descriptors to be 8 bytes aligned even
> in 32-bit mode.
Any chance that can be fixed? It's a silly restriction.
> Where the type for those data is defined?
It isn't. It is expected that a descriptor is an array of void*.
> Is it possible to change it?