Re: Status of Bugzilla?

> OK.  But Bugzilla uses the Mozilla Public License which is
> not compatible with the GPL.  So ignoring technical issues,
> the proposal replaces a GPL program with a non-GPL program.
> Is that in and of itself enough reason for the project not
> to use it?  I don't know.  In matters like this, I defer
> to RMS and the FSF.
We've been through *this* before too.
GNOME uses bugzilla, and had replaced debbugs (a gpl program) with it too.
On issues like this, we defer to the SC if necessary, *NOT* RMS.

> > > I must be getting old.. I remember when people fixed free software
> > > rather than abandoning it. :)
> >
> > We've been through this before.

> > > But gnats also has an email interface which breaks all requirements
> > > of real interactivity.
> > Which wasn't being used either in this case.
>
> So be it but is it is a capability in gnats.

You can submit bugs using an email interface.
Most people do *not* use email interfaces to browse bugs.
In fact, i'll go farther.
Very few people *do* use email interfaces to browse bugs these days.

If it was such a large issue for a large number of people, then why is
bugzilla so popular?

--Dan