This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Status of Bugzilla?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 02 17:37:01 EST
- Subject: Re: Status of Bugzilla?
Just because a bug is triggered by compiling GNAT now, doesn't mean it
will be triggered by compiling GNAT later after GNAT changes. While
ideally testing in such cases would be unit testing of single passes,
inclusion of a cut-down testcase in the testsuite is still valuable.
Agreed, but making cut-down test cases from something with that many
"with"ed units is a lot of work, especially when there is no place to put
For C, you can just take the cpp-processed file and extract the function
in question, but there's no similar simple analog in Ada: it's far more work
to do even that.