Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Richard Kenner wrote:

>     Similarly, despite many requests to do so, you've always found a
>     reason why you can't include a test case to your bug fixes.

But Kenner has sometime lately included simple Ada testcases, it's just
that there isn't an Ada equivalent of the C/C++/Fortran testsuites into
which to put them.

> What does that have to do with this discussion?  In any event, I do
> include test cases when they exist and are not proprietary, but most
> recent bugs I've fixed have been triggered by compiling parts of GNAT,
> so test cases aren't needed.

Just because a bug is triggered by compiling GNAT now, doesn't mean it
will be triggered by compiling GNAT later after GNAT changes.  While
ideally testing in such cases would be unit testing of single passes,
inclusion of a cut-down testcase in the testsuite is still valuable.
There are plenty of testcases in the testsuite derived from parts of GCC.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk