This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Status of Bugzilla?
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at dberlin dot org>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at mediaone dot net>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:00:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: Status of Bugzilla?
On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 11:16 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Bryce> If it is going to be run in parallel to GNATS for a trial
> Bryce> period, it might be best to not import the old database into
> Bryce> the new system while the old one is still "live". I can see
> Bryce> headaches occuring if we end up having updates to the same bugs
> Bryce> in two systems.
> This is what happened when we merged the libgcj Gnats database into
> gcc's. It was a real headache.
Um, it's been live for quite a while, and i've been updating the
database from gnats every few days, and no problems so far.
One can easily make it so any attempt to *change* bugs is met with an
error message saying it's not live yet.