Re: Build failure with 3.1 CVS on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Looks close.  The stack frame has been irritatingly complex to change.

I think your soft fp patch will improve things in the long run.  Thanks
for doing that.

To satisfy my curiosity, does anybody know why v9 has a stack bias?  I
realize it's part of the platform ABI, but why?  (Along with register
windows and other brain damage... gosh I miss my Alpha.)

Jeff