Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 04:03, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Well, that's you.  I'd like to hear commentary from other
> users of the GCC GNATS system.  I am perfectly comfortable using a
> Web-only interface for viewing problem reports.  It is very useful to see
> the audit-trail on a bug in one easy-to-use interface.  It is very nice to be
> able to do searchable queries on the bug database to see if
> it is a duplicate of another bug.  If Bugzilla was implemented, I feel
> that my productivity and ability to serve the customer base of gcc would
> be improved.  Other people may disagree with me and have their own
> preferences, but that's what I am comfortable with.

Agreed.  I think that, rather than holding Bugzilla to some idealistic
standard of what a bug-tracking system "should" be like, we should
concentrate on the pragmatic issue of whether it is would be a material
improvement over what we have now.  Personally, I believe that the
answer to that question is yes.

p.