This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Status of Bugzilla?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rodrigc at mediaone dot net
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 02 06:22:47 EST
- Subject: Re: Status of Bugzilla?
I am perfectly comfortable using a Web-only interface for viewing
I'm not. It's been my experience that browsers on Unix machines are somewhat
fragile and very slow, even on high-speed lines. When I'm in my office,
it's not at all uncommon for me to defer something that needs web access
until I get back home (where I have a PC).
Also, a web interface is much less usable than a command-line interface
on low-bandwith connections, which makes it harder for people who are
travelling to use it.