Re: Criteria for a warning to be in -Wall? (was: Re: a warning to implement)

<<I'd love a "perfect debugging as with -g only but with flow analysis
for uninitialized warnings" option, but it's probably not easy to add.

What I really want is "perfect debugging with as much optimization as is
possible without compromising debugging information. One of the problems
with gcc for me is that the -O0 mode is really awful (we actually run into
trouble with customers who insist on benchmarking unoptimized code and gcc
is worse than any other compiler around in this mode -- yes yes we know
about telling people that this is a good thing, that gcc really obeys
you when you say no optimziation, but the fact is that the code is
unnceessarily (from a debugging point of view) awful in -O0 mode.