This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Jason Riedy <ejr at CS dot Berkeley dot EDU>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:49:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
And Gabriel Dos Reis writes:
- It is defined to copy a signalling NaN.
Nit: Signalling behavior on copying _with_no_change_in_format_
is up to the implementation in 754-1985. The language suggests
uniformity, so it should always signal invalid or never signal
invalid. The revision committee has agreed it should be quiet
always in a future standard. I don't know about format changes,
though. I'll have to bring that up. (Think loading a non-80-
bit-quantity in x86, which is already not 754-1985, but still...)