This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, rth at redhat dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, minyard at acm dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:23:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
On Wednesday, February 6, 2002, at 03:02 , mike stump wrote:
> Now, if what you would want to merge, isn't `better' than what it
> replaces, then certainly I would agree to hold off merging. I cannot
> tell from your message which is the case.
If we can get an agreement to update the FSF Ada tree to include all
that have been made by ACT since the last merge, in a single shot, that
We know that current GCC sources and current FSF sources plus all changes
results in a compiler that is in very good shape for x86/Linux and just
slightly behind on a number of other platforms. Unraveling all
work into separate patches/changelogs and test these individually is an
enormous job though, which I don't know how to do efficiently.