This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: gdr at codesourcery dot com (Gabriel Dos Reis)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar),aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at codesourcery dot com,phil at jaj dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:42:15 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
> Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> writes:
> | In fact "int a = a" uses an uninitialized variable and should give
> | warnings according to *current documentation* when -Wall is given, but
> | evidently Gaby wants us to preserve this botch indefinitely!
> Joe, that is not a fair or accurate representation of my
I apologize -- I meant to say Alexandre, since he proposed documenting
this behavior. I may have blended together messages from him and from