Re: Need some help

On Feb  6, 2002, Alcino Dall Igna Junior <alcino@lncc.br> wrote:

> IMHO is more usefull if the target and the run machine are
> the same :):):):))))) (just a joke, not a flame, please :))

Not if the target machine doesn't even run an OS (yet), for example.
Or how do think people port OSs to new machines? :-)

> Seriously now, there are any support to the new AMD palomino
> core?

In the sense that the generated code works on AMD Palomino, yes.  In
the sense that it's optimized specifically for AMD Palomino, I saw
patches, from Jan Hubicka, IIRC, that introduced options for that and
perhaps specific optimizations for it, but I don't see them in
mainline.  Perhaps they're in a branch?