This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Arvind Krishnaswamy <arvind at CS dot Arizona dot EDU>
- To: <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:06:53 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: xscale-elf-gcc
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> The -march flag does not affect the tuning of the code. So in this case
> you will get code that is armv4 compliant (so it will run on any armv4 or
> later processor), but tuned for optimum performance on an XScale processor.
> To alter the tuning of the code use -mtune=<cpu>.
What does the compiler do specifically for the xscale that it doesn't for the
strongARM? Is this documented somewhere?