This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Cc: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 06 Feb 2002 18:19:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com> writes:
| On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Phil Edwards wrote:
| > I agree that the warning shouldn't be in -Wall, but I think we could do
| > a better job of educating our users about the GCC features which are not
| > as well-known. Non-Wall warnings seem to fall into this category.
| New options like these should go into release announcements.
I think that is a very good starting point.