This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [rfc] Wswitch test case (which fails)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:14:14 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [rfc] Wswitch test case (which fails)
On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> OK to commit the following patch to bugs.html to state that testcases
> for regressions should not be marked XFAIL?
IIRC that's current practice, so the patch seems fine.
> -<li>Add the test-case to our test-suite, marking it as XFAIL.</li>
> +<li>Add the test-case to our test-suite, marking it as XFAIL (unless
> +the bug is a regression, in which case it should not be marked XFAIL).</li>
Can we omit "in which case it should not be marked XFAIL"? It seems a bit
redundant to me.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/