Re: a warning to implement

<<My suggestion was to warn only about cases when we can detect the
behaviour is not documented or well-defined.  The option itself could be
documented that way.  If the behaviour of more self-initializers becomes
defined over time, the number of cases we warn about would go down.

Of course no one is suggesting warnings where the meaning is well defined.
Just keep focussed on

  int a = a;

which is the focus of this discussion, has no known or defined meaning,
cannot be used today with any useful effect, is known to be undefined,
and which should give a warning!