This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling-related Bench++ regressions?
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:11:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling-related Bench++ regressions?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle wrote:
>Richard Henderson asked for test cases where loop unrolling fails
>where it succeeded before. A good example comes from test L000003
>in the bench++ benchmark suite, which has recently regressed. My
>timings show that its took 0.626 nanoseconds a week or so ago, but
>now takes 2.88 nanoseconds [over 4.5 times slower] on 1GHz pentium
>III running RedHat linux v7.2.