RE: Help on gcc

Joe Buck wrote:

> Even Microsoft's trick to get an exception in this case is limited;
> it won't protect you from other common types of pointer errors.

How so 'trick'? As I understand it, Microsoft handle their MMU-miss
through the central exception mechanism and their "catch (...)" will
catch any exception, be it C++ or system.

I can't speak authoritatively but I'd imagine this behaviour *is*
guaranteed on Windows *if* your C++ compiler uses the system ABI.