Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem

Geert Bosch wrote:

> It is very easy to get up-to-date if we are allowed to put all out
> changes in as a big merge, and not broken up in individual small separately
> tested (in FSF GCC tree). Currently the process is very cumbersome and
> labour-intensive however, requiring lots of retesting of front-end patches
> which already have been tested extensively together and separately with
> the GCC 2.8.1 backend.
>
> Regularly doing resynchs directly using CVS would be much faster and
> make FSF/ACT trees practically identical.

Personally I'm in favour of a big one shot synch without much of ChangeLog
(limited to the Ada bits, common backend change must have proper
ChangeLog of course).
This would get the situation of GCC CVS vs ACT CVS back to reasonable
right now and will allow
effective volunteer work.

Any objection?

--