This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: a warning to implement
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: gdr at codesourcery dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot COM, sk dot mail at btinternet dot com
- Cc: Dautrevaux at microprocess dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru,dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, pcarlini at unitus dot it,tim at hollebeek dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:03:46 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: a warning to implement
>>Perhaps there should be an option to enable *all* warnings?
Sounds reasonable. Too bad that the obvious name for this option is taken :-)
Actually we find in the Ada case that there are some warnings that are just
too specialized to be generally useful since they correspond to specific
style options that few people follow. For example, in Ada -gnatwd requires
that all dereferencing be explicit, rather than being implicit as allowed
by the language. This warning would generate false positives on nearly all
Ada code, but is useful to a very small minority that wish to follow this
particular style rule.