Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem

On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 09:20 , Robert Dewar wrote:

> <<With full bidirectional merging that happens on a regular basis, this
> issue disappears.  One can reasonably consider either to be master
> without much loss.  It should be easy to do this, than to change a
> mindset.
>>>

> Yes, indeed, that's the scheme.

It is very easy to get up-to-date if we are allowed to put all out
changes in as a big merge, and not broken up in individual small
separately
tested (in FSF GCC tree). Currently the process is very cumbersome and
labour-intensive however, requiring lots of retesting of front-end
patches
which already have been tested extensively together and separately with
the GCC 2.8.1 backend.

Regularly doing resynchs directly using CVS would be much faster and
make FSF/ACT trees practically identical.

   -Geert