This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: fw at deneb dot enyo dot de, mrs at windriver dot com, rth at redhat dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, minyard at acm dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:14:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 09:20 , Robert Dewar wrote:
> <<With full bidirectional merging that happens on a regular basis, this
> issue disappears. One can reasonably consider either to be master
> without much loss. It should be easy to do this, than to change a
> Yes, indeed, that's the scheme.
It is very easy to get up-to-date if we are allowed to put all out
changes in as a big merge, and not broken up in individual small
tested (in FSF GCC tree). Currently the process is very cumbersome and
labour-intensive however, requiring lots of retesting of front-end
which already have been tested extensively together and separately with
the GCC 2.8.1 backend.
Regularly doing resynchs directly using CVS would be much faster and
make FSF/ACT trees practically identical.