This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: sk dot mail at btinternet dot com (Stephano Mariani)
- Cc: tim at hollebeek dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot COM ('Joe Buck'),gdr at codesourcery dot com ('Gabriel Dos Reis'),Dautrevaux at microprocess dot com ('Bernard Dautrevaux'), dewar at gnat dot com,aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:02:19 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
> I am well aware of the -Wall flag, but nevertheless, it may be easier
> for people to enable ALL warnings and specifically disable those they
> wish to ignore (such as -Weff-c++, in your case) using the -Wno-* flags.
-Weff-c++ in almost everyone's case. It can't be used with the STL unless
you bloat out most of the iterators by adding virtual destructors
(which would decrease performance by a factor of two).