This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Tim Hollebeek <tim at hollebeek dot com>
- To: Stephano Mariani <sk dot mail at btinternet dot com>
- Cc: "'Joe Buck'" <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>, "'Gabriel Dos Reis'" <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, tim at hollebeek dot com, "'Bernard Dautrevaux'" <Dautrevaux at microprocess dot com>, dewar at gnat dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:30:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
- References: <200202052151.NAA14689@atrus.synopsys.com> <003101c1ae93$bee3cbf0$01000001@sknet01>
- Reply-to: tim at hollebeek dot com
> Perhaps there should be an option to enable *all* warnings?
Some warnings are particular perverse and enforce a particular coding
style (-Weff-c++ comes to mind).
Others, are valid for almost all code, and are certainly valid for ALL
code maintained by those who wish to eliminate code that might be
erroneous. But we already have a name for that: