This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:12:32 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
Gaby, perhaps you could be so kind as to enlighten us with the wonderful
useful meanings that people argued for
int a = a;
perhaps we will be so impressed by the suggestions that we will decide to
implement one of them, rather than generating a warning here. The only
suggestion I saw, which was to use this construct to turn off warnings,
seemed very peculiar and ill motivated. In other words, you could artificially
make it have this meaning, but I would find that most peculiar.