This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:10:44 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
<<I wanted to make if you're of the camp who considers signaling NaN a
nonsense, and now I think I have the answer. And given that, I don't
consider your former assertion on my report has any sense or any value
(it tries to deny facts, i.e. the debate amoung the committee wasn't
Of course signalling Nan's make very good sense, I said nothing about
signallying Nan's, so I have no idea how you think you know what I think
about that issue (unless you perhaps read my book on microprocessors).
What I can't do is make any semantic connection between
int a = a;
and signalling Nan's @!