This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: gdr at codesourcery dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: 05 Feb 2002 17:21:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020205123242.7BD69F28BE@nile.gnat.com>
email@example.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
| <<Then you're wrong because the issue of the debate wasn't whether it
| should be valid statement; the issue was whether it could be a useful
| construct -- incidentally some wanted to make it ill-formed.
| Sorry, I can't imagine any useful use of this construct
That *you* can't imagine a useful use of that construct doesn't mean
other people don't. Other people do imagine, in the same way people
have uses of SNaNs.