This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, coola at ngs dot ru, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:32:42 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
<<Then you're wrong because the issue of the debate wasn't whether it
should be valid statement; the issue was whether it could be a useful
construct -- incidentally some wanted to make it ill-formed.
Sorry, I can't imagine any useful use of this construct
Yes, of course some wanted to make it ill-formed, the issue of whether
an identifier can be used in a situation like this is a standard issue
in language design.