This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, minyard at acm dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:58:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
- References: <20020205005144.7962EF28BE@nile.gnat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 08:20:51AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Given that patches for the Ada part are not approved before they are
> out of date because of ACT changes and that the FSF tree currently
> seems to be the ACT of mid-November or earlier, I'm seriously
> considering stopping to try to contribute anything to the GNAT
> compiler. It is just too painful to work in this way.
The Ada maintainers at ACT seem to still be in the mindset that
theirs is the master repository, and not the FSF tree. Until that
mindset changes, there will be no fixing this problem.