Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:

> <<I could commit my Texinfo-only version, which is based on an internal
> ACT version from last fall.
> >>

> Much too far out of date I am afraid

Well, Robert, I have asked you and Geert *many* *times* to consider
the version for approval when it was more current.  Now this work
(which wasn't too substantial of course) was in vain.  I feel
disappointed.

Given that patches for the Ada part are not approved before they are
out of date because of ACT changes and that the FSF tree currently
seems to be the ACT of mid-November or earlier, I'm seriously
considering stopping to try to contribute anything to the GNAT
compiler.  It is just too painful to work in this way.

>>>* The GNAT User Guide recommends using proprietary software.
>
> To what are you referring here?

The Microsoft ressource compiler IIRC.  What makes matters critical is
the fact that there *is* a free replacement.