Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem

<<gnat_rm.texi contains many references to software available from ACT,
which I noted as inappropriate commercial advertising in a GNU manual, but
hopefully the software in question is at least free software.

ALl such software is part of the GNAT system, so I see no reason not to
refer to it in the GNAT manual. All this software is part of the source
distribution. I simply don't understand the distinction you are making here.
For us GNAT, including the FSF version, is a complete Free Software system
for Ada programming, not just a bare compiler.

<<Not however the most important (to GNU) ports, which are those to free
platforms.

Of course, but it is certainly valuable for GCC to run on targets other
than GNU, and I have never heard anyone question this before.

Once again, Joseph, I would like to understand what you mean when you
talk about the manual recommending the use of proprietary software.