This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling-related SPEC regressions?
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: jh at suse dot cz (Jan Hubicka)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck),pcarlini at unitus dot it (Paolo Carlini), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:15:20 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling-related SPEC regressions?
> THe base/peak flags are not supposed to bring best performance,
> but be good for testing majority of gcc features.
gcc's competition, though, tends to use them that way (choosing options
that meet the criteria but give best performance).
Not that I want to get into a war on that front, but ...