This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix ll/sc for mips (take 3)
- From: "Eric Christopher" <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 00:33:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix ll/sc for mips (take 3)
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <20020131231714.E32690@lucon.org> <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020201124328.26449Aemail@example.com> <20020201102943.A11146@lucon.org> <20020201180126.A23740@nevyn.them.org> <20020201151513.A15913@lucon.org> <20020201222657.A13339@nevyn.them.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020202120354.A1522@lucon.org> <mailpost.1012680250.7159@news-sj1-1> <email@example.com>
> FYI, somebody, i think it was Mike Stump, submitted a patch to add a
> flag to disable branch-likely instructions N months ago. It was
> discussed a little bit, not AFAIK nothing was ever done with it.
> Anyway, from where I sit, this should be resolved like:
> * -mips1 - -mips5 should generate them by default (for
> strongly-predicted branches), -mips32 & -mips64 should not. (modify
> that for your favorite flag names, -march or whatever. 8-)
> * There should be flags to override the defaults either way, so you
> could say -mips2 -mno-branch-likely, or -mips32 -mbranch-likely.
I'm inclined to agree with you. Anyhow, I'm not sure who submitted a
patch, but I can easily put one in sometime in the next day or two.
I will not use abbrev.