This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.4
- From: Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kreckel at ginac dot de
- Date: 04 Feb 2002 17:03:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.4
- References: <1020000.1012803972@localhost>
Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> "Richard B. Kreckel" <email@example.com>
> Rainer Orth's patch on Mon Jul 16 2001 broke CLN on Tru64.
> I requested filing of a PR.
This is PR target/5505 now. I have not been able to reproduce this yet,
but instead successfully built and tested CLN 1.1.4 from a recent copy of
GCC 3.0.4 20020129. It may well be that this is an ld bug on the Tru64
UNIX side, in which case we should document requirements for ld/Tru64 UNIX
patches. Until we can reproduce the problem and make sure the patch really
is the culprit, I suggest we leave the patch in.