This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3 and gnu libc
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Stefan Morrell <stef at mort dot level5 dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:49:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc 3 and gnu libc
- References: <20020204134415.C22569@mort.level5.net>
Stefan Morrell wrote:
> >From the installation notes:
> "Currently Glibc 2.2.3 (and older releases) and GCC 3.0 are out of sync since
> the latest exception handling changes for GCC. Compiling glibc with GCC 3.0
> will give a binary incompatible glibc and therefore cause lots of problems and
> might make your system completly unusable.
> Is this still an issue, with gcc 3.0.3 and glibc 2.2.5?
I think it's not an issue anymore. See this message from Andreas Jaeger: