This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Keeping unreachable code
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: chorns at users dot sourceforge dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 17:37:39 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Keeping unreachable code
<<So GCC will not throw away a function that it cannot see is called from
anywhere? It is only a few instructions that is in this routine so I would
prefer to keep it in the function if possible. It could be as simple as:
The compiler cannot throw away a function that could potentially be
called from some other file.