Keeping unreachable code

I cannot get GCC to stop removing a block of code that is not reached when
control flows normally through the function.
The code is only jumped to from a runtime library so GCC thinks it is
unreachable and therefore removes it.

I have tried using LABEL_PRESERVE_P (label) = 1; on the label for the block,
but this only preserves the label and not the following code. How do I
preserve both the label and the following code?

Casper Hornstrup