This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: a warning to implement
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: coola at ngs dot ru, pcarlini at unitus dot it
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:32:36 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: a warning to implement
<<Concluding the discussion on the ML, I can say that it's desirable to
have compiler emit the warning when it is run with `-Wall', and, of
course, there should be option for turning off the very warning.
well I see nothing special about this warning, it is just one particular
case of accessing a variable before it has a defined value, and that is
a reasonable thing to warn about in general.