Re: Typo. (off-topic)

I hate to add to this sadly off topic exchange, but sorry I can't resist

> potato(e).  While that isn't a falsehood, it is a bit unfair,
> since many people (including the Britsh IIRC) do spell it with an 'e'.

This is of course entirely false. It probably comes from some marvelously
amusing "spinning" that Quayle's staff did in the aftermath of the potatoe
debacle. On the McNeil Lehrer report, I saw his chief campaign manager
claiming that the English have spelled Potato with an E, and that in
particular "I believe Chaucer used this spelling". I trust people know
enough about where the potato came from to understand why this is so
amusing (if not, look it up :-)

Robert Dewar

P.S. someone gave me a T-shirt as a present that has POTATO on the front
and on the back says "Member of the Cultural Elite" :-)