Re: a warning to implement

<Well, that construct have been debated to death in the C++ committee.
And given the length of the debate and the opinions expressed there I
would certainly *not* characterize it as obviously dubious.  I would
object to have it enabled by -Wall.

What possible useful semantic meaning can this statement have? I can see
a debate in the C++ committee as to whether it should be legal or not (that's
quite a subtle issue, and indeed could be expected to generate debate), but
I can't imagine a debate over whether it is useful or not. So I see no basis
for your objection.