Re: a warning to implement

"Andrey R. Urazov" wrote:

> On the other hand EDG-based
> compilers
> > emit:
> >
> > "uzarov.c", line 3: warning #592: variable "x" is used before its
> value is set
> >     int x = x;
> >             ^
> Are there any special keys that make the compiler you used to emit the
> warning or maybe it warns about such kind of definition by default?

Nice question. In fact, one of them warns *by default*, another only if
explicitly requested of  "strict ANSI conformance".

My personal opinion is that such a warning should be definitely available,
optionally.

> > I have quickly browsed GNATS for warnings and it looks like there
> is'nt a PR
> > dealing with this. Why don't you submit one??
> I've just reinstalled my system and have gcc-3.0.1. out of the box
> (RedHat 7.2) and, unfortunately, there is no `gccbug' program.

Huh??
You have just to go to

    http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

In my opinion, you should file under "change-request".

Thanks,
Paolo.