Re: a warning to implement

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 11:45:08AM +0100, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> indeed it looks like gcc does'nt warn. On the other hand EDG-based compilers
> emit:
>
> "uzarov.c", line 3: warning #592: variable "x" is used before its value is set
>     int x = x;
>             ^
Are there any special keys that make the compiler you used to emit the
warning or maybe it warns about such kind of definition by default?
> I have quickly browsed GNATS for warnings and it looks like there is'nt a PR
> dealing with this. Why don't you submit one??
I've just reinstalled my system and have gcc-3.0.1. out of the box
(RedHat 7.2) and, unfortunately, there is no `gccbug' program.

                        Yours sincerely, Andrey Urazov
--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.