This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Problems upgrading from 2.95.3-5 to 3.X on cygwin
- From: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>
- To: "Mack Lobell" <macklobell at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 06:57:13 +0800
- Subject: RE: Problems upgrading from 2.95.3-5 to 3.X on cygwin
A couple of things to try:
Unpack the gcc source tree using cygwin tar and gzip/bzip2. Some windows utilities are "smart" enough to convert \n to \r\n
Try using binary mounts for the source and build trees.
Use the configure options I posted earlier.
From: Neil Booth [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2002 9:05
To: Mack Lobell
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Problems upgrading from 2.95.3-5 to 3.X on cygwin
I suggest you remove all '\r' characters from i386.md, so that the
newlines consist of '\n' only. That will likely solve your problem.
You needn't bother with insn-flags.h; that looks to be only a warning
and once you get stage1 built of 3.0, it won't have problems with
'\r' (but the .md file still might; I'm not sure about that).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html