This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Sparc bogosity
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:06:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: Sparc bogosity
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <200201312122.g0VLMEi11887@banach.math.purdue.edu> <email@example.com>
Geoff Keating wrote:
> ... no-one notices, because few people have sparcv9 hardware, fast
> sparcv9 hardware is expensive, and there is no sparcv9 simulator.
> Probably the greatest possible contribution to the stability of the
> sparcv9 port would be to write a simulator for it.
Perhaps many people have access to sparcv9 hardware - I certainly have
(64 of 'm). It's running the operational 2-day weather forecast for the
Netherlands; no time to spent on frivolous things like GCC development.
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)