This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: is REAL*16 available for g77?
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: JOERG SPECHT <btm089 at lbtsun7 dot ins dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:18:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: is REAL*16 available for g77?
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org.HOWL>
JOERG SPECHT wrote:
> I don't know much about Fortran, but in C the expression:
> sizeof(long double)
> delivers 12 on i386 and 16 on sparc. So it should be relative easy to
> implement a type with higher precision, maybe it is done and I don't
> know how to use it.
No, it is not done. If someone could come up with a correct
implementation, I'm willing to integrate it into GCC-3.2.
Toon Moene - mailto:email@example.com - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)