This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling-related SPEC regressions?
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: pcarlini at unitus dot it (Paolo Carlini)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:14:21 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling-related SPEC regressions?
> browsing the latest results from Andreas, it looks like a few of them (e.g.,
> 164.gzip, 186.crafty, 200.sixtrack) are showing a definite regression in the
> PEAK case, characterized by -funroll-all-loops.
It's not clear to me that -funroll-all-loops is the correct setting for
PEAK, as bloating out the code may make the cache perform worse.