This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling-related SPEC regressions?
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:50:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling-related SPEC regressions?
- References: <3C5ADF19.6A6865D9@unitus.it> <20020201104619.C10318@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> > browsing the latest results from Andreas, it looks like a few of them (e.g.,
> > 164.gzip, 186.crafty, 200.sixtrack) are showing a definite regression in the
> > PEAK case, characterized by -funroll-all-loops. May it be related to the
> > recent:
> Possibly. If someone debugs this and finds a test case for which loop
> unrolling fails where it succeeded before, I'll look at it.
Thanks for your prompt reply. The problem is, all of SPEC is not publicly
available :-( Only Andreas may try to heavily distil a testcase from the original
Otherwise, we should find one somewhere else. Where??
> I can't
> promise to fix it though, since the fix may break the original test case.