Re: floating point sse & sse2

Richard,

As I understand it, the kernel would have to save the contents (state) of
processes during a context switch out and restore them after a return
context switch. If the kernel doesn't "know" about the extra regs then they
WILL NOT BE restored at "switch in" time which is NOT GOOD. I've seen this
in the mainframe world with new processor architectures. The result is caos
since every process would "see" every other  processes regs. IBM calls this
"unpredictible results" and they're right.

Does this help?

Regards,

George...