RE: Plan for bug-fixing g77-3.1.

I agree with your analysis that, in isolation, swapping BIT_SIZE and BITEST in intrin.def only paper over the cracks.

However, this patch is required in conjunction with Toon's patch to use strcasecmp when comparing intrinsic names.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Edelsohn [mailto:dje@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2002 2:14
To: Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
Cc: Toon Moene; gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Plan for bug-fixing g77-3.1.

>>>>> Billinghurst, David (CRTS) writes:

David> Swapping BIT_SIZE and BITEST in intrin.def fixes the problem on
David> irix.  I will test this on cygwin before submitting a patch.

	No.  This is completely wrong.  Please re-read my explanation of
the problem.  Swapping BIT_SIZE and BITEST papers over the symptom without
fixing the problem.  Do not even bother submitting your patch.

David