Re: Are the GCC lists intended to be open lists?

Paul> In particular, the list policy explicitly states that it blacklists a
Paul> large block of addresses of Sprint customers, on the grounds that the
Paul> list manager has some gripe with Sprint.  (Note: he didn't block
Paul> Sprint -- he blacklisted third parties who happen to use the "wrong"
Paul> ISP.)

	The explanation on the 510 group website for the Sprint policy is:

"NOTE: we are currently listing large blocks of Sprint address space for
their failure to remove the DNS server at 65.174.218.253 which is being
used by Ralsky to support running spamvertised sites on a variety of
dialup links. If you get connectivity thru Sprint, you might want to call
your sales representative and complain. Sprint won't listen to
non-customers; perhaps they will listen to their customers."

	We can debate whether that policy is going too far, but that is
more than "some gripe" with Sprint.  If you are going to complain, present
all the facts.

David